As we all know that the legal industry is one of the most competitive industry today. Larger law firms often invest good portion in their marketing department to make sure that they are always in the public eye. Now with the help of Internet, Small law firms can reach out to public and give a good impression about their firm.
Here are some of the marketing tips that could be useful:
1. Create a website with your own domain name (i.e. www.yourname.com).
Do not go for a one page profile that many sites offer with sub domain name (i.e. yourname.
somesite.com). These days creating and maintain a small site is cheaper than ever. You could have someone create your site for $100-$300 and host it for $5-$10 per month.
Make sure the site looks professional and user friendly. I recommend studying some of the related sites on the Internet before having someone create yours.
3. Submit your site to all major search engines such as Google, MSN, AOL, Yahoo, iWon, Ask.com, Excite. Most traffic come from these top Search Engines.
You don't have to submit your site to thousands of search engines. Try to do manual submit to these Search Engines.
4. Make sure your business card has your website address (URL) and your email address (you@yoursite.
5. Try Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising campaign on Google or Overture (Yahoo) with as low as $0.
10 per click. Make sure to use targeted keywords in these campaigns rather than generic. For Immigration services in Los Angeles, CA, "Immigration lawyer in Los Angeles" keyword would be more effective than "Immigration" or "Lawyer" keywords.
6. Find local community websites and advertise your banner on their website. These sites are cheaper and more effective since most people visiting the sites are local.
7. Make sure to keep your site up-to-date with the current information. List your achievements on your website. Ask your clients to give feedback and ask them if it is ok post them on the website.
. About the Author .
Sarfaraz Nasir is the founder of http://www.CoolLawSites.com ? Home of best legal resources. The site provides links to informative legal sites and free legal classifieds where anyone can post their ads.
By: Sarfaraz Nasir